How to Create a Festive Christmas Feast for All
- Give your menu a lot of time and thought to shop early for foods you will need. If you are standing in line at the grocery store and can't remember if you have a particular ingredient, buy it anyway you'll be glad later.
- Don't forget to use the treasured recipes handed down through family and friends, you are making memories on this special day with good food.
- Along with your Christmas dinner, try to prepare side dishes that are easy to make if time is of the essence.
- Set your table in advance, if possible, giving you time for special touches, such as:
- A small favor by everyone's seat
- A holiday centerpiece
- Your favorite dishes
- Try to bake as many of your desserts a day or so before, so your oven will be clear for the day of your holiday celebration.
- Note how many family and friends will be coming and if they will be bringing a side dish or dessert.
- Remember small children and make their table friendly, fun, safe and inviting. It is their day too!
- Decorate and garnish your buffet with apples, nuts, berries, fresh holly and Christmas greens.
- Make sure as a host you remember to enjoy the holiday season as you make it wonderful for everyone else.
- Don't forget to count your blessings while building your Christmas memories!
Linda - "The Cooking Queen"
Miami, FL, December 6, 2010